Travel between worlds. Tuck into nature.
Wildernook represents your special place in nature - the secret nook that nurtured you as a child. A place where you felt safe to be yourself - playful, grounded and alive. You carry this connection to your special place as part of who you are. Wildernook is a space carved out for your attachment to the natural world to renew and branch out in new directions.
Wildernook is an education lab—a space for designing and facilitating learning experiences, not yet created. There are ample opportunities for nature learning in some demographics. The work of Wildernook is to chip away at the gaps.
Wildernook Fresh Air Learning is a social purpose business, which uses creative entrepreneurship to engage groups of people on the environmental education sidelines. Through demographic-specific environmental programming, Wildernook adds dimension to the community engaged in environmental stewardship.
Based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Wildernook offers Fresh Air Learning experiences to the greater Saskatoon area and communication services online.
Work with Wildernook.
- Demographic-specific environmental programming
- Curriculum-based program development
- Consulting services
- Content creation
- Paddle Canada Canoe instruction
- Project WILD education training
The Journey to Wildernook.
“What type of work would you do if money were no object?” As a teacher, I’ve asked this question of my students, but never fully clarified what I'd put my energy into.
The birth of our son and the time I took off teaching to spend with him have been an incredible gift-- he's renewed in me a love for experiencing life. He reminds me to be present, to be humble, and to toss out all the 'shoulds' camped out in my pockets. My dream job doesn't exist on a job board. It's in doing the everyday work of reconnecting relationships. I never imagined it would be online!
Thank-you for listening and learning with Wildernook.
- Certificate in Ecological Education, University of Saskatchewan
- Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Saskatchewan
- Bachelor of Education, Outdoor Experiential Education, Lakehead University
- Masters in Environmental Studies, Environmental Education, York University
- Environmental/Sustainability Education graduate diploma, York University
- Lakewater Canoe Instructor
- Wilderness First Aid Training
- Project Wet, Project Wild, Below Zero Facilitator