Travel between worlds. Tuck into nature.
Wildernook represents your special place in nature - the secret nook that nurtured you as a child. A place where you felt safe to be yourself - playful, grounded and alive. You carry this connection to your special place as part of who you are. Wildernook is a space carved out for your attachment to the natural world to renew and branch out in new directions.
Wildernook Fresh Air Learning is a social purpose business, which uses creative entrepreneurship to engage groups of people on the environmental education sidelines. Through demographic-specific environmental programming, Wildernook adds dimension to the community engaged in environmental stewardship.
Based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Wildernook offers Fresh Air Learning experiences to the greater Saskatoon area and communication services online.
- Demographic-specific environmental programming
- Curriculum-based program development
- Consulting services
- Paddle Canada Canoe instruction
- Project WILD education training
- Certificate in Ecological Education, (University of Saskatchewan)
- Bachelor of Arts, English (University of Saskatchewan)
- Outdoor Experiential Education B.Ed, (Lakehead University)
- Masters in Environmental Studies (York University)
- Environmental/Sustainability Education graduate diploma (York University)
- Lakewater Canoe Instructor
- Wilderness First Aid Training
- Swift Water Rescue Training
- Project Wet, Project Wild, Below Zero Facilitator
“What type of work would you do if money were no object?” As a teacher, I’ve asked this question of my students, but never fully clarified what I'd put my energy into if money were no object. Perhaps that's because I've been ultra-fortunate to work with remarkable students and teachers plus be the outdoor experiential educator I dreamed of when I entered the teaching profession. But, like many in the field, I've struggled to maintain wellness and the workload. The passion that once danced beneath my ribs has stopped for a rest. The birth of our son and the time I've taken off teaching to spend with him have been an incredible gift-- he renews in me a love for experiencing life. He teaches me to be present, to be humble, and to toss out all the 'shoulds' camped out in my pockets. My version of if money were no object doesn't exist on a job board. Join me as I recalibrate my journey and engineer my own job description.
Joanna Macy’s concept of active hope energized the creation of Wildernook: “Hope is not something you have. It’s something you do. It’s a verb.” Thank-you Joanna for helping me ditch inertia and dig into the everyday work of reconnecting relationships. I never imagined it would be online! Thank-you for listening and learning with Wildernook.